This kit is the ultimate upgrade for your MK1 Cortina Axle as used in Retroford’s own product development MK1 Cortina.
Available exclusively from Retroford this kit means you can run over 300BHP without the need or expense of using a narrowed Atlas axle.
- MK1 Cortina heavy duty 18 Spline two piece half shafts (Must be used with 18 Spline LSD and oversize 38mm Bearings)
- Optional – Ford English 18 Spline uprated Helical or Plated type LSD available – Please select preferred option above
- Optional – Ford English differential side gears (18 spline oversize) or Ford English differential rebuild kit (18 spline oversize) – Please select preferred option above
Benefits of the Heavy Duty 18 spline Half Shafts:
- Made from heat-treated 4340-grade steel
- Comes with high-temperature SKF bearings
- Pre-assembled for easy installation
- Comes with bearings and keeper plates
- Back Plate drum spacer plate (if being used with disc brake set up)
- Can be used with standard-style wheel studs
- Maintains standard track width
- Retains original axle oil seals
- Can be used with disc brake set-up or standard drums
- Rated to over 300BHP
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO THE LARGER DIAMETER OF THE SHAFTS THE INTERNAL AXLE CASING OIL BAFFLES NEED TO BE OPENED UP TO 30mm (PLEASE REFER TO PRODUCT PHOTOS FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THIS).
The benefits of this LSD include:
- With Retroford Heavy Duty 18 Spline Half Shafts these LSD’s are rated to take 300BHP +
- Applies equal rotational speed to both wheels
- Controlled power on launches and drifting slides
- Easier car control
- Optimum gear tooth design and oil distribution
- Gears and Body Manufactured from 8620 material
Axle Rebuild Kit Includes:
- 2 x Genuine Timken Pinion bearings
- 2 x Genuine Timken Differential carrier bearings (38mm ID Oversized)
- 1 x Pinion bearing preload crush spacer
- 1 x Pinion oil seal
- 1 x Heavy duty axle gasket
- 1 x Instructions and setup figures
Timken Bearings were used by Ford when they manufactured English Axles in the 1960s and 1970s, these are the best bearings you can buy for your differential rebuild.
Please note – The plated LSD is supplied without a warranty or guarantee as this type of LSD is mainly suited for track and competition use. Due to the variability in levels of grip experienced by road cars i.e. one wheel may be on a grass verge or loose/gravel surface and the other on Tarmac, this can cause very sudden and extreme changes in wheel speed across the rear wheels. The sudden and extreme difference in grip levels places massive stress and shear loads on the LSD and can cause it to Fail.