Running a car without a heater is not really an option in the UK. Even if you plan to never take your pride and joy out in the cold or the rain at some point you’re going to get stuck in a downpour of rain and without a heater the window will mist up pretty fast…..
When Fitting a Zetec into a MK1 or MK2 Escort the original heater matrix outlet pipes are too long and clash with the back of the cylinder head. Up until now the only option was too cut these back and then try and find a way of re-flaring the end of the pipe so that the heater hoses would stay on.
Also when the pipes are cut back there isn’t enough parallel pipe to be able to get a good purchase on the hose so here at RetroFord, we have re-designed the matrix so the pipes exit parallel out of the bulkhead flush with the end of the bulkhead cover plate making for a far tidier install.
- Direct replacement for the original heater matrix
- Available exclusively from RetroFord
- Made from copper and brass on all new tooling
- No need for exchange units outright sale
- Custom bulkhead cover plate also available (RF16)
- Heater hoses terminate inside the bulkhead using conventual jubilee type clamps