215mm, 22 Spline Clutch – Zetec and Duratec to Mazda MX5 N7 – Stages 1 to 4
Suitable for Zetec or Duratec engines when used with a Mazda MX5 N7 5-speed gearbox, please select the applicable option above.
- Stage 1 Organic Clutch suitable for road cars up to 180bhp.
- Stage 2 Organic Clutch featuring uprated 6 spring clutch plate with uprated material and uprated cover/pressure plate suitable for fast road, track day and Clubman racing up to 225bhp.
- Stage 3 Cerametalic 4 paddle clutch with uprated cover/pressure plate suitable for fast road, track day and Clubman racing up to 240bhp.
- Stage 4 Cerametalic paddle clutch with Billet Aluminium cover/plate suitable for Fast road all the way to full-on race/rally cars up to 350bhp.
All clutches are made exclusively for Retroford.
All Zetec Clutch kits can be used with the Mazda MX5 N7 gearbox when used in conjunction with the Retroford MX5-001 Zetec Adaptor Plate and MX5-002 Zetec to Mazda Hydraulic Release Bearing Kit.
All Duratec Clutch kits can be used with the standard MX5 N7 gearbox release arm and slave cylinder, these are also available from Retroford here:
- MX5 N7 Clutch Release Arm
- MX5 N7 Slave Cylinder
Full clutch kits including pressure/cover plate, centre plate and thrust bearing (in Duratec applications).
The stage 1 clutch kit is manufactured to OE spec and can easily and reliably handle engine power up to 180bhp. For higher power applications please see the uprated clutches below. ( MX5-014 )
The Stage 2 clutch kit is designed for applications where engine or vehicle performance has been upgraded from standard. This clutch offers a higher clamping load to handle increased torque capacity and higher engine RPM, while still maintaining a standard pedal feel. ( MX5-035 )
The Stage 3 and Stage 4 clutch kits combine a heavy-duty cover/pressure plate with a high-performance, four-paddle Cerametalic clutch plate. Despite the heavy-duty pressure plate, the clutch maintains a usable pedal feel, albeit slightly heavier than a standard clutch which makes them very useable on the road and in traffic. The four-paddle Cerametalic clutch plate ensures quick gear changes, maximizing throttle time and making it ideal for track, racing and rally use. ( MX5-038 ) ( MX5-013 )