Standard MK1 and MK2 Escort Engine Cross Members have been out of production for over 40 years and it is now almost impossible to find a used one that is in good condition and still dimensionally correct.
Historically when replacing your MK1 or MK2 Escort Cross Member you had two options available either Standard or World Cup, the World Cup Cross Member is fine for competition use but can be deemed to be harsh and transmit vibration in road cars.
Retroford has now developed a brand new MK1 & MK2 Escort Engine Cross Member which is for use with standard OE type engine mounts making it ideal for road cars.
The new Retroford MK1 & MK2 Standard Escort Cross Member is stronger and stiffer than the original ford part but It is dimensionally the same and will fit all MK1 and MK2 Escorts using the original Ford pick up points. Suitable for use with Zetec, Pinto, X-Flow, Twin Cam and BDA engines.
- Direct replacement for original Ford Standard Cross Member.
- Retains original engine mount, TCA and steering rack positions.
- Dimensionally identical to the original Ford Cross Member.
- Keeps all the original Ford pickup points.
- Heavy Duty seam welded design incorporating stiffening gussets helping with engine rigidity and location.
- Suitable for use with Zetec, Pinto, X-Flow, Twin Cam and BDA engines.
- Retains original engine position.
- For use with Retroford Z001 Standard Engine Mounts.
- Suitable for original Escort TCA’s or the Retroford SS005 Adjustable TCA’s.
- The Cross Member TCA hole can be enlarged to work with the Retroford SS004 Rose Jointed Adjustable TCA’s.
- Cross Member is made from entirely new components.
- Supplied in raw metal finish and can be painted or powder coated by the customer.