MK2 Cortina Reverse Eye Single Leaf Springs (CS062*H)
Typically when lowering your Cortina on Leaf Springs you would have to de-camber the springs or run with lowering blocks which from an engineering viewpoint is not an ideal practice. De-cambering the Leaf Springs to achieve the desired ride height means the rear shackle runs out of travel, the Leaf Spring can then become coil bound under compression which will make the car unstable and handle in an unpredictable manner due to the spring running out of travel.
Retroford has designed and developed a brand-new single Leaf Spring that will alleviate all the problems associated with de-cambering your original springs. By running the eyes reversed on the Leaf Spring it allows the spring to retain the correct camber and have a full range of travel.
Unlike the original Cortina Multi-Leaf Spring, the brand new Retroford Single Leaf Spring has a parabolic tapered design giving better axle location and improved reliability.
The brand new Retroford Single Leaf Springs are a direct replacement for the original standard Cortina springs and can be used with the original rear shackles or with the brand-new Retroford Rear Leaf Sping to body Mounting Shackles (CS059*H).
Due to the variation in ride height between the many different original Cortina springs, we cannot give a definitive minus figure that these Single Leaf Springs will lower your car by.
- Available exclusively from Retroford
- Suitable only for lowered cars
- Ideal for Road, Track and Racecars
- Only sold as a pair
- Made to Retroford own design
- Keeps original wheel position relative to the wheel arch
- For use with
- MK2 Cortina
- For use with standard original axle casing
Note – Failure to use without diff correction wedges (CS063*H) will result in prop shaft UJ misalignment.
Note – Please be aware that you need to remove the central bump stop from the body when using the reverse eye leaf springs.
MK2 Cortina Diff Nose Angle Correction Wedges (CS063*H)
Typically when you lower a leaf-sprung car it causes the rear axle to sit higher in relation to the gearbox, this will cause the prop shaft UJ to be misaligned which can result in vibration and premature UJ failure. To correct the misalignment Retroford has developed a set of Diff Nose Angle Correction Wedges – Please see additional product pictures above.
- The Diff Nose Angle Correction Wedges have a 5-degree angle and are machined from billet aluminium
- The wedges should be fitted with the larger end of the wedge towards the rear of the car
- For use with Retroford Cortina Reverse Eye Single Leaf Springs (CS062*H)
- The unique design incorporates an inbuilt axle location peg
- Sold as a pair
Note – If you are not using these wedges with the Retroford Cortina Reverse Eye Single Leaf Springs (CS062*H) then they may need to be modified.
MK2 Cortina Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Spring Plates – 50mm Wide Springs (DRT040*H)
- Can be used with Retroford Heavy duty axle U-bolts set (DRT039*H).
- The heavy-duty item gives a better axle to leaf spring location.
- Can be used with Retroford heavy-duty axle U-bolts (or standard ford items).
- Folded on all four sides for extra rigidity.
- Powder-coated black.
- Available exclusively from Retroford.
Axle U bolts are often overlooked when modifying a RWD car. The U-bolt’s job is to connect the axle to the leaf springs. Most aftermarket U-bolts are fine for standard cars but as soon as they are used aggressively or with cars with more BHP they have a tendency to stretch and bed in and will need to be re-tightened periodically. The 4 main issues of most aftermarket U-bolts are choice of material, thread size, bend radius accuracy and lack of flat on the bend radius.
Retroford has developed an uprated U-bolt to combat all these issues.
- Oversize 12mm thread (but still fit std leaf spring retaining plate).
- Hot forged to create a flat face where the underside of the U-bolt meets the axle tube gives far more surface area and a more positive axle location.
- Made from high tensile steel.
- Accurate bend radius.
- Comes with nuts and washers.
- Can be used with Retroford heavy-duty rear leaf spring plates (DRT040*H) and also Retroford diff nose axle correction wedges.
- Sold as axle an axle set = 4 x bolt U-bolts, 8 x washers .8 x nuts.
- Available exclusively from Retroford.
- Can be used without lowering blocks or a maximum of 1” lowering blocks.
- Not suitable for 2” lowering blocks.
MK2 Cortina Rear Leaf Spring to Body Mounting Shackle (Pair) (CS059*H)
For use with Retroford MK1 Cortina Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Spring Plates – 50mm Wide Springs (DRT040*H)
A direct replacement for genuine ford items.
Comes with nuts.
MK2 Cortina Superflex Rear Leaf Spring & Hanger Pin Kit (1036-8K*H)
Superflex Rear Leaf Spring & Hanger Pin Kit of 8 Top Hat Bushes 21mm OD, 11mm ID.
MK2 Cortina Superflex Front of 1 7/8″ ID Rear Leaf Spring Bush Kit (0293KSS*H)
Superflex Front of 1 7/8″ ID Rear Leaf Spring Kit of 4 Top Hat Bushes & 2 65mm Long Stainless Steel Tubes, for 50.8mm Wide Leaf, 7/16″ Bolt.