Early versions of the Zetec Black Top engines (1.8L and 2.0L) ran a three pulley set up on the Timing belt but from 1999 onwards (perhaps as a cost-saving exercise) Ford changed this to a two pulley set up. The advantage of the three pulley set up over the two is that the extra pulley ensures full belt engagement and reduces timing belt whip at High RPM.
Retroford have now developed a three pulley kit that can be fitted to all Zetec Black Top (1.8L and 2.0L, 99 onwards) and ST170 engines. There is a provision in the block for the third “anti whip” pulley to be fitted on all of these engines.
The replacement timing belt kit comprises OE quality parts but any or all of the kit components can be upgraded to WRC / Race spec:
The standard OE spec Cambelt Kit for the Zetec engine is fine for road cars with a factory rev limit of around 6,500rpm, however, the plastic pulleys and spring loaded tensioner in the standard Cambelt Kit can be prone to failure in high performance Zetec engines. To prevent failure of these components this kit has been designed to eliminate belt whip and pulley bearing failure by using aluminium pulleys, larger high quality bearings and a high quality Gates belt. This kit also features an extra pulley that insures full belt engagement on the crank pulley.
- All pulleys come pre-assembled.
- Comes with high quality gates belt.
- Replaces original plastic genuine Ford items.
- Suitable for standard or modified engines.
- Prevents belt whip.
- Made from high grade aluminium and stainless steel.
- Features oversize high quality bearings.
- Hard anodized black finish.
- Suitable for race, rally and competition engines revving up to 10000 RPM.
- Removes original spring loaded tensioner for fixed item.
Brand new Zetec Black Top / ST170 OE spec water pumps also available, please select above if you want to add this to the kit.
Ford Zetec Crank Shaft / Locking Tool Kits also available, please select above if you want to add this to the kit.