The standard OE spec spring-loaded Cambelt tensioner for the Zetec engine is fine for road cars with a factory rev limit of around 6,500rpm however this component can be prone to failure in high-performance Zetec engines. This component has been designed to eliminate belt whip and prevent bearing failure by using a fixed tensioner with no spring, an aluminium pulley and a larger high-quality bearing.
- Tensioner comes pre-assembled.
- Direct replacement for original Ford part.
- Suitable for standard and modified engines.
- Prevents belt whip.
- Made from high-grade aluminium and stainless steel.
- Features oversize high-quality bearing.
- Hard anodized black finish.
- suitable for race, rally and competition engines revving up to 10,000 rpm.
- Will fit 1.8L and 2.0L Blacktop engines and ST170 engines only, not suitable for Silvertop engines.